Black History Month at PMS
1. Each homeroom/class has chosen an African Folktale to read. After reading the tale, the class decides how to decorate their door to represent the story.
This year for Black History Month, we will be looking at African Folktales ! Each homeroom will draw a slip from their grade-level bucket near Dr. Prince's office. Each slip has a different African Folktale title. Homeroom's should visit the website on the bottom of the slip, find their title, and read the folktale.
Then, each homeroom will decorate their door with a representation of the folktale! Teachers can use a homeroom/study hall day to read the folktale and discuss with their students. Encourage the students to come up with ideas for their decorated door!
The most creative door will win! Winners will be chosen by the students participating in the Black History play.
Doors need to be decorated by January 31st.
2. On February 24, 2012, we will have an assembly that will consist of:
· Two short plays: Anansi and the Moss Covered Rock and Anansi and the Talking Melon
· The mixed chorus will be singing "Get On Board This Train", a traditional spiritual by Don Besig.
· The band will play an African spiritual