INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
HO8302 (1 credit)
INTRODUCTION TO SPORTS MEDICINE
- Develop the basic skills required in all health and medical science professions.
- Exploration of basic anatomy and physiology for each body system, communication skills, medical terminology, and career exploration.
- Emphasis on safety, cleanliness, asepsis, professionalism, accountability and efficiency within the health care environment.
HO7660 (1 credit)
High School, 11th – 12th grades
SPORTS MEDICINE 2
- Introduction to the basic skills of sports medicine and related therapy professions.
- Learn the anatomy and physiology of the human skeletal and muscular systems and relate that knowledge to the treatment and conditioning of athletes.
- Laboratory practice of techniques used to strengthen, support, enhance, and rehabilitate the athlete.
HO7662 (1 credit)
- Learn basic concepts and skill set required for an entry-level position as a sports medicine assistant.
- Topics include injury prevention, nutrition, first aid/CPR/AED, exercise physiology, and biomechanics.
- Study basic human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, legal and ethical issues in sports medicine, and career preparation.
- Mastery of the material in this course would provide students with a strong background should they wish to pursue certification in areas such as first aid, CPR, AED, and/or personal trainer.
HO8383 (1 credit)
High School, 10th – 12th grades
- Designed to help students learn health care language.
- Exploration of body system’s anatomy and physiology through pathology, diagnostic procedures, therapeutic interventions, and finally pharmacology.
HO8331 (2 credits)
High School, 12th grade
- This class is a state accredited nurse aid course, and meets all course requirements necessary for students to receive their CNA certificate.
- Provides scientific basis for patient care in the clinical area.
- Includes clinical experience in local hospitals, nursing homes and various outpatient facilities. Eligible to sit for the state board certification exam for nurse aides.