CULINARY ARTS 1
CA8250 (1 credit)
High School, 9th and 10th grades
CULINARY ARTS 2
- Introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for employment in the food services industry. A variety of work experiences assists students in identifying their interests and abilities and defining their career objectives.
- Develop desirable personal qualities and job skills for employment.
- Textbooks, tests, and food preparation labs are an integral part of this program.
CA8275 (1 credit) or DE8275 (1 credit)
High School, 10th - 11th grades
Dual Enrollment credit available
CULINARY ARTS SPECIALIZATION
- Fundamental food preparation and service skills are taught for entry level employment.
- Textbooks, tests and quantity food preparation techniques are an integral part of this occupational program.
- Operate a restaurant during their lunch period for part of the year.
- Students should select this course expecting to take two years of the program.
DE8279 (1 credit)
Dual Enrollment only
- Obtain advanced instruction in food preparation methods, skills, and techniques, as well as nutrition, and menu planning and costing.
- Improve job skills through restaurant operation for part of the school year.
- AAFACS Pre-Pac Test is given at the end of this course. Industry Certification and verified credit is available to students passing both the course and the test