The following is a list of enrollment requirements that must be met in order for a student to be enrolled in Powhatan County Schools
- Proof of Residency - Must have 2 - one item of A or B AND One item of C or D/E.
- Lease Agreement or
- Deed to a home in Powhatan County AND
- Virginia Power/Southside Electric Bill or
- Telephone bill OR
- If you are living with someone in Powhatan County you must have a letter notarized stating that you and your child/children are living with them. That person must provide proof of residency in Powhatan County (lease or deed and an electric or phone bill). You, as the parent/guardian of the student being enrolled, must bring in a bill with your name and current Powhatan address on the bill within 60 days.
- Immunization records, including Hepatitis B
- Original Birth Certificate (natural parent must present a picture ID as well)
- Copy of most recent Report Card and SOL test scores (if coming from a VA school).
- Copy of I.E.P. or 504 Plan if student has one from previous school.
- Copy of Current Legal Custodial Documentation if applicable.
- A physical examination is required for any child entering public school in Virginia for the first time in grades K-6.
The vision and hearing of all transfer students will be screened.