Powhatan School Board
Adopted: October 6, 2004
Last Revised: May 13, 2014
Last Reviewed: August 13, 2019
Content Available through BoardDocs linked here http://go.boarddocs.com/vsba/powhatan/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=BD8MD65AB18C
The Powhatan County School Board is committed to complying with the Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act. The Powhatan County School Board does not collect unnecessary personal information by means of its website, and collects only appropriate personal information to the extent necessary to serve its constituents and the community.
Powhatan County School Board may collect the following information through its website:
- by which you may be personally identified known generally as personally identifiable information or as defined here as Information, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date of a user’s access to the Services or a Website, or date of a contribution of User-generated content; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, upon completing a request form or survey.
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or through any mobile device applications downloaded from or used to access the Website. This includes information provided to identify you as an Authorized User through the Website(s). This may also include joining or subscribing to our Services through your account with a third party software service provider such as Google or Microsoft ® or similar service and your biographical information you submit by uploading or using any software tools we provide for you to develop your organization’s website or otherwise access our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us. When you contact Powhatan County Public Schools, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for marketing or educational research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- From texted message or access through the use of a mobile computing device such as a “smart phone” or other portable computing device, we also may be provided and collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information
including phone number). This mobile device identifier information includes information such as the International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI), its Wi-Fi radio ( Media Access Control (MAC)) address and/or platform specific identifiers such as Apple’s Advertiser ID (IDFA). Depending on the settings you
have made on your mobile device, Powhatan County Public Schools may be able to associate your device identifiers or phone number with your User Registration or User Account Number.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website(s), we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website(s), including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized Services by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services and Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services and the Website(s).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Mobile Device Identifier’s. International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
- Wi-Fi radio. Media Access Control ( MAC)
- Address and/or platform specific identifiers. Apple®’s Advertiser ID (IDFA)
The following information is collected automatically by accessing the website:
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services or on the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Our website places “cookies” on your computer unless your browser is set to reject cookies. The cookies enable our website to recognize you when you return to the website at a later date or time and enable us to personalize the website with preferences or information you have provided during prior sessions. The cookie information placed on your computer by this website includes the following:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of the Website(s) may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website(s). Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons ( also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit eChalk, our web content management system, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server
Information collected through the division’s website is used as follows:
- To present our Services and the Website(s) and their content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Director of Administrative Technology
Coordinator of Innovative Learning
Database Analyst / Student Information System Administrator
Database Analyst /