Current Job Openings & Information
For a complete listing of PCPS job openings, visit the TalentEd Recruit and Hire Candidate Portal linked here.
Powhatan County Public Schools is hiring innovative and dedicated professionals who recognize true learning can take place only in an atmosphere of encouragement, respect, and academic challenge. Located in Virginia's Central Piedmont between the Appomattox and James Rivers, Powhatan is 20 miles west of Richmond and ranks as one of the fastest growing localities in Virginia. Our 100% fully accredited school division has 5 schools and employs 600 staff and faculty to support and prepare 4,300 students to thrive in a global community.
If you have questions about the application process, you may contact Karen Bradbury or Terry Stokes at (804) 598-5700 in the Human Resources Department.
Interest in or questions regarding position vacancies should be directed to the Human Resources Department and not specific schools/departments.
Applications for all teaching positions are accepted on a continual basis.
To be considered as an applicant, you must provide the following:
- A completed online application.
- Three written references. References from those who have supervised your performance are preferred. If you provide the email of your references, the application system will send an e-mail reference form directly to them to complete electronically.
Additional Requirements for Licensed Applicants:
- Transcripts are required upon employment.
- Professional Assessments (Virginia Praxis II, VCLA, VRA or RVE, SLLA, etc.)
- A copy of your Teaching License, when available. Please include the DOE deficiency pages for professional studies, professional assessments, and endorsement requirements if you hold a Statement of Eligibility or Provisional License.
While electronically attaching all supporting documents is HIGHLY preferred, you may mail, email or fax your supporting documents if necessary.
Completed applications will be kept on file for one school year. You should renew your application annually.
PCPS Employees Only
When you first go to the Recruit and Hire homepage, click on the Internal button on the top, right corner to create an account as a PCPS employee.