Course Guide: Not Currently Available as Dual Enrollment
DE Teachers for Tomorrow 1
(1 weighted credit, 4 college credits)
Prerequisite: Grades 11-12, must have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, teacher recommendations and approved application
TUITION FEE PLUS BOOK FEE
- Virginia’s initiative for recruiting high school students into the teaching profession.
- Examine the history of education and the functions of schools and school divisions as they are taught about the profession. Explore how students learn.
- Experience the classroom environment as they become acquainted with teachers and teaching on a personal and professional level, including an internship in a local classroom setting.
- Provide students with opportunities to satisfy beginner teacher assessment
- Students earn a 3 -yr. pre-professional certification in Education Fundamentals through AAFCS.
- Activities through student organizations FCCLA and Educators Rising are required.